Cedar Rapids, Westchester County, Mohawk Valley, and Southern Adirondack Library Systems to Expand Web Visibility through Linked Data
Contact Janet Daly, <email@example.com>
10 September 2015 – http://www.zepheira.com/ – Following the success of its Early Adopter program with 12 participating public libraries in the US and Canada, Zepheira is pleased to announce the first four participants in its Experimenter Program. This program builds awareness of the power of Linked Data through education and training, provides an assessment of the institution’s MARC data, and develops a pilot to experiment with publishing Linked Data to the Web. Upon discovery of library materials, users are automatically redirected to the Library’s PAC or Discovery Layer for further action.
“We are delighted to partner with these forward thinking libraries that see the benefits of exposing library catalog data to the Web,” explains John (JR) Richardson, Zepheira Vice-President for Library & Vendor Partnerships. “They help us shape the experience for libraries and current patrons, as well as open new possibilities for the regular Web and search engine user.”
The Experimenter program remains open to new participants through October 16th and runs through June 30, 2016, and includes:
- Attendance to Zepheira’s Practical Practitioner Linked Data & BIBFRAME Essentials on-line course (from 2 – 10 participants)
- BIBFRAME Readiness Assessment
- Data analysis of up to 100,000 MARC records
- Linked Data Pilot of transforming up to 1 million MARC records using Zepheira’s BIBFRAME transformation tools and publishing them to the Web
- A community space for actively sharing information and experiences
- Shared access to early BIBFRAME tools as they are developed
For more information, please contact John (JR) Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zepheira is a leading provider of software and services designed to help clients across industries make information available and more prominent on the Web. Founded in 2007, Zepheira has extensive experience creating products and solutions focused on the modernization of library information systems. Zepheira’s founders and staff have played key roles in pioneering the next generation of the Web, including the semantic technology underlying most Web applications. For more information find us online: